De’Longhi Magnifica EAM3500 Review
The De'Longhi Magnifica EAM3500 Automatic Cappuccino- Espresso Maker is certainly not a cheap option with an average price point of around £650. Unfortunately that will put it well outside the price range for most people.
Nevertheless, it is a high quality coffee maker so I thought I should include it for a review. I use a De'Longhi maker myself, and although not this model, my own machine is also a top notch product. The reason I mention this is simply to explain just how good this Italian brand really is.
Buyers over at Amazon have rated this one at 4.7 out of 5 stars and that is further evidence of just how good this machine really is. If you can afford, and do decide to buy the EAM3500, you will certainly not be disappointed with your purchase.
I have done a short summary below for those who do not have time to read the full review below.
De'Longhi EAM3500 Summary Review
Average Price = £650
- This is a fully automatic coffee maker
- Comes with a built-in grinder, or you can use pre-ground coffee
- Has a convenient removable tray for easy cleaning
- Also has a removable water tank that holds up to 1.8 litres of water
- Makes use of a double boiler system
- Makes consistently good coffee with a nice crema head which I always want to see
- Can also make excellent hot chocolate
Who Buys the De'Longhi EAM3500?
Reading through the various reviews, the people who tend to buy this model, are those working in a small office, church groups and some individuals who just want a high quality coffee maker that delivers good quality coffee. One reviewer said this:
Although hesitant at ordering a cappuccino/espresso machine that cost so much I can say that it is truly worth every bit I paid for it.
You will see over at Amazon UK that type of comment all of the time so you should really be in no doubt as to the quality of this product.
Main Review of the EAM3500
I have included a video review of the EAM3500 just below if you want to see a quick glance of the main features of this model. If you prefer more detail, then please keep reading.
Do You Like Your Coffee Fresh?
I do bang on about the difference in taste between coffee that has been freshly ground and pre-ground coffee. It is always better to buy coffee beans and grind them just before you need them. That way you are assured of very fresh coffee.
The EAM3500 gives you both options. You can buy and use pre-ground coffee or make use of the built-in and adjustable grinder. Just be sure that is you are making cappuccino or espresso that you use a find grind for the very best results. The grinder is a little noisy but then all grinders are.
The Water Reservoir
This De'Longhi model has a good sized 1.8 litre water tank which you can take out and fill at the tap. That is what I prefer to have rather than a fixed tank that you have to fill with a jug. It is also a decent size so you do not have to constantly fill this machine up with water.
It Tells You What is Required
Some machines and many coffee maker models take a lot of working out. Quite often the instructions are not that clear. This one tells you exactly what to do. You will see prompts on the LED display telling you what to do, and then what to do next. It really does not get much easier than that.
Other Features of the EAM3500
There are a few other features that are worth mentioning:
- It has a milk frothing function which is great for lattes and hot chocolate
- The water tank uses a magnet style attachment. - When filling this just be careful not to damage that when filling up the reservoir
- It is very easy to set-up and most people should be able to do this without any difficulty.
- From the image above you can see that it comes with a plug-in milk holder, which means you can store the whole unit in the fridge and that is ever so handy. If you fancy a quick cappuccino, then take the unit from the fridge, plug it into the machine and just hit a single button to get a high quality cappuccino.
- Easy to clean drip tray
- Also has a used coffee bin which is good for quick clean ups
- Self cleans the coffee delivery pipes
You will not be surprised having read this review that the De'Longhi EAM 3500 is one of the best espresso/cappuccino makers in the UK market right now. It is very high quality and super simple to use.