Nescafé Dolce Gusto Jovia by De'Longhi - EDG250B Coffee Machine UK Review
Thnaks for taking the time to read our detailed UK review of the best selling Nescafé Dolce Gusto Jovia by De'Longhi - EDG250B Coffee Machine. That is one long name for a coffee machine.
To simplify this just a little the Italian coffee maker brand De'Longhi have partnered with the coffee brand Nescafé, to produce this coffee machine, and they have then named this model the Gusto Jovia with the model number EDG250.
This machine does have an RRP of £89.99 but we have always been able to find it much cheaper online. The price does vary quite a bit and you can always get some type of online offer, that will help reduce the RRP.
We have reviewed this in detail below. For those of you who don't have time to read this full review we have included a short summary review just below, which you may find helpful.
Dolce Gusto Jovia EDG250 Summary Review
- Uses a 15 bar pump pressure to make very good coffee
- Comes with a 2 year guarantee
- Uses Nescafe pods and there are 40 varieties to pick from
- Measures 17 x 33 x 23 cm and weighs 2.5 Kg
- Has an 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- Holds 0.8 litres of water
- Can also make hot chocolate
- Can be bought in black, white or red colours
Who Would Buy the Dolce Gusto Jovia Coffee Machine?
These are two really well known brands and this machine has received thousands of online reviews. The brands involved ensure good quality, and the large number of buyer reviews should tell you, that this particular model sells a lot.
In terms of overall buyer satisfaction, this one came in at number 4 on our top 10 list of pod style coffee machines.
The reason that most buyers pick this model is really down to 2 things which are:
- It can be bought at an affordable price
- Many people like this particular appearance and the choice of 3 different colours to match their kitchen
There are around 15 different models of coffee pod machine available on the UK market. They all work on the same basic principle. You fill the machine with water, insert a pod, capsule or disc, and then hit a button to get your choice of coffee drink out the bottom.
They are all super easy to use and very easy to keep clean. So almost always the individual choice will come down to the appearance and style, and how much it costs.
Please note, "this is a manual coffee pod maker and it is not automatic."
How Buyers Rate the Jovia EDG250B
- Overall online buyers have given this machine a buyer satisfaction rating of 88%
- 71% of all online buyers have given this model a full 5 star rating
- 7% have given this model a bad review
What Buyers Say About the Jovia by De'Longhi - EDG250B
- EASE OF USE
- COFFEE QUALITY
- This is a very classical looking style for a pod machine with its oval or elliptical shape as you can see in the images
- A choice of three colours to suit your kitchen style and those are black, white or red
- The pod goes in at the top and the controls are on the top making it easy to see and use
- Measures 17 x 33 x 23 cm and that is a compact size and suitable for any kitchen
- All pod machines are very easy to use and this one is no exception
- Simply pop in a pod and fill up the water tank and hit a button
- Virtually no mess to clean up
- Removable water tank at the rear which you can take to the kitchen tap and fill up, or better still add filtered water to
- The drip tray can be adjusted to suit the cup or mug size
- Comes with a 3 pin UK plug
- Online buyers say this makes very good coffee
- They also like the fact that you can make both hot and cold coffee drinks
- All the coffee pods have been sealed and that keeps the coffee grinds very fresh - the pods are easy to get in many UK supermarkets or online
What Buyers Liked and Disliked
- 71% of all buyers gave this model a full 5 star review
- Most buyers liked this machine as it is small and makes good coffee without all the fuss
- Buyers liked how very easy this model is to use
- Buyers liked the taste of the coffee and the wide variety of available pod flavours
- Buyers said using one of these avoids any trial and error
- 7% of all buyers gave this model a bad rating
- Buyers did not like the fact that this model is manual and not automatic
- A few buyers said they received a faulty product or it stopped working after a few months
Jovia EDG250B Machine Specification
In this section we take a more detailed look at the specification of this EDG250B machine. We have tried to provide as much information about this model as we would find.
- This is a manual and not an automatic coffee maker
- Available in a 3 colours - black, white or cherry red
- Measures 17 x 33 x 23 cm and weighs 2.5 Kg
- Uses 240 volts and comes with a UK plug
- Uses 1,500 watts of power for fast heating of the water
- Has a 0.8 litre removable water tank
- 2 year's manufacturer warranty
- 15 bar pressure
- The main coffee maker is made from hard plastic
- Uses a mechanical lever that allows you to adjust the volume of your drink
- Very easy to clean
- Uses Nescafe pods
- Made for everyday use
- Has a distinctive red power cord
- Adjustable drip tray
Video Setup of the Jovia Coffee Machine
Our Verdict on the Nescafé Dolce Gusto Jovia by De'Longhi
- This model sells really well and has been doing so for a few years
- The two brands are well known and there is a really good variety of pods available for this model
- We don't like the fact that it is manual as it means you have to be there when the coffee is being made to turn it off
- That said it does make really good coffee and worth the effort
With an 88% buyer satisfaction rating it is clearly a very good machine that buyers seem to like a lot. In terms of a pod coffee machine this is right at the top of the pile, and came in at number 4 on our list..
However if this is not the model for you, then why not check out our top 10 list of filter coffee machines, by clicking right here.
We believe if you can find this machine for under £50, then it is worth that investment. It does make good latte and it holds the higher latte style glasses which is good.
As long as you are OK with the manual operation, then in terms of style, ease of use and coffee quality this is a very good coffee maker.