Graef CM 800 Coffee Grinder UK Review
Thanks for taking the time to read our review of the high end Graef CM 800 burr coffee grinder. This model is an expensive option but it does get high buyer ratings from satisfied buyers.
It is a stainless steel conical burr grinder, with 40 settings so as you can find the perfect grind for the way you like your beans to be. It comes with a cord rewind and also comes with a dust cover.
If you are someone who prefers high quality products, rather then plastic options, then this one should rank high in your considerations. Now although this model is expensive, it is not as expensive as many similar commercial models on the UK market.
The quality of build though is excellent and this grinder will last you for many years to come.
Plenty of online buyers state that, "This grinder properly extracts the full flavour from the beans giving a superb tasting coffee."
The Graef Brand
Graef formed in the 1960s with the first electric universal cutter. Today they make a range of small domestic appliances with professional cutting techniques for commercial use.
They have expanded into the coffee market where they offer customers very high quality filter-holder espresso machines or coffee grinders for perfect coffee pleasure.
In addition they also sell toasters, kettles and waffle irons.
Thye are a family owned company with its headquarters in Arnsberg, located in the industrial region of Southwestern Westphalia in Germany.
Graef is one of the strongest brands in Germany - and has set international standards in its product category. In 2004, 2009, 2013 and again in 2016 the brand was awarded the “Brand of the century - lighthouse on the seas of brands”.
How Buyers Rate the Graef CM 800
- Online buyers overall gave this burr grinder an average satisfaction rating of 86%
- 77% of all buyers gave this a full 5 star rating
- 11% of all buyers gave this one a bad rating
What Buyers Say About the Graef CM 800 Model?
As you can see the reviews are very good so for the main, any comments and reviews that we read were very good. We do however like to include all of the detail when we summarise up our findings.
We have included those findings in a simple pros and cons table just below.
- Buyers said this was very fast and easy to set up
- Buyers said it was very quiet when compared to other coffee grinders
- Buyers liked that it came with a couple of adapter rings
- Buyers said the choice of grinds is extensive and accurate
- Buyers were amazed at the improvement of the flavour of the beans that they got having used this type of burr grinder
- A couple of buyers said when they received the grinder that it came with a European style plug and they had to use an adapter.
Graef CM 800 Specification
We always include a specification section on all of our product reviews. This allows our readers to get a good understanding of the shape, weight, etc of the grinder.
We also like to explain some of the more important features of the product.
- Measures 23 x 13.2 x 38.5 cm
- Weighs 2.63 Kg
- Aluminium housing in a silver colour
- Holds up to 0.35 Kg of beans in the removable container which has a side closure - enough for up to 12 cups of ground coffee
- 40 grinder settings so you can grind all the way from a coarse French Press grind and all the way through to a fine espresso grind
- Has an anti-static inset
- The grinding tool is a stainless steel conical grinder
- The conical grinder works off a slow start motor
- In addition to the main grinder, you can also fine tune the grind using the upper mill
- Auto function for group handle - large group handle of 70 mm and small group handle of 60 mm
- The electric cord rewinds for storage
- Comes with a coffee grounds container with a dust cover
It is worth noting that you can easily get spare parts for this model that include the coffee bean container, the coffee grains container and the various electric pads.
Our Verdict on the Graef Coffee Grinder CM 800
The only real question here is are you prepared to pay the price for this high end burr coffee grinder?
This is not a cheap purchase, but for many coffee lovers this is considered to be a lifetime purchase.
It is an excellent choice and a burr grinder will hands down beat any type of cheaper blade grinder.
There are of course plenty of burr grinders on the market, and they are considerably cheaper than this model from the Graef brand.
This one is however right at the top of the range when it comes to quality. Almost every buyer said the difference in the taste and flavour of their coffee was noticeable, after they had used this model to grind their beans.
However, if this is not the one for you, then check out our then check out our top 10 list of burr grinders by clicking here.
The Graef CM 800 grinder will however remain one of the higher end grinders on the UK market for many years to come.