Homgeek Coffee Maker Filter Coffee Machine Review
This is our detailed review of the Homgeek filter coffee machine. This is an affordable choice for those of you who like and enjoy the taste of rich filtered coffee. This is certainly an interesting choice with plenty of features in a compact and useful machine.
The filter machine is fairly new to the UK market and as such there are not a lot of buyer reviews to go on. Those that do exist have rated this machine with an 86% buyer satisfaction rating which is high.
The brand does offer a free replacement or a refund under their customer guarantee policy, if you are not happy with their appliance.
So far this one has not made our list of the top 10 buyer rated coffee filter machines. The only reason for that is because we don't as yet have enough reviews to be sure about this particular model.
When we checked we found around 40 online reviews, and we like to get over 50 reviews before we include it on any of our top 10 lists. If it keeps this type of buyer satisfaction rating, then it will be added to our list.
For now though we will keep a watch and add it if the rating remains this high.
Homgeek Filter Coffee Machine Specification
For now let's have a closer look at the important specification and what that can do for you when it comes to making a good cup of filter coffee.
- Measures 17.8 x 21.8 x 34.5 cm
- Weighs 2.4 kg (5 lbs)
- 900 watts
- Cable length 63 cm (25")
- Has a 1.5 litre capacity (makes up to 12 cups or 6 large mugs) water tank which is transparent
- Has a timer (24 hours)
- Can be programmed
- Has boil dry protection
- Uses an LED display that is easy to understand
- Has automatic cut-off
- Has a removable funnel and a nylon reusable filter (can be used alone or even better when used with paper filters)
- Has a nice looking carafe
- Has a measuring spoon
- Has a warming plate
You can see from the above specification that this machine is light and compact, and appears to have all the right features. We will have a look in a moment to say what buyers have to say about this one, but overall it looks to be a good quality machine, that is affordable and gets good reviews overall.
What Buyers Like & Don't Like
As always we like to show things in lists as it just makes them easier to see. Below we have produced a pros and cons table showing what buyers liked and didn't like.
- 81% of all buyers gave this a full 5 star review
- Buyers thought this was very good value for money
- Makes grain free coffee when used with paper filters
- Looks well, runs quietly and is good value for money according to most buyers
- Buyers said this machine was extremely easy to use
- Buyers also said this one was good for making tea with leaves and even did a good job at hot chocolate
- 7% of all buyers gave this a bad review
- Those disgruntled buyers said that after a few months is started to leak at the bottom and they had to get it replaced
We always collect tips from buyers when we are reading through their reviews. If we find those to be useful, then we always include them for our reader's benefit. We found a few on this machine, so we have included those just below.
Tip 1 - Paper Filters
This machine does come with a metal filter which can be reused so you don't have to also buy paper filters. Some buyers still use paper ones as well as the metal ones. They do this for two reasons:
- It makes cleaning up much faster
- It is ideal for those who like very smooth coffee with no grains left in the bottom of the carafe
Tip 2 - Rinse
Many new coffee machines have that new smell to them, and this one is no exception. It is recommended by buyers that you rinse this one through a couple of times with hot water, to get rid of that new smell and get rid of any potential metallic taste.
Our Verdict on the Homgeek Filter Machine
We would like to see and read more reviews, but on the 40 or so available at the time of writing this review, the majority of buyers were very satisfied with their purchase. We will update that here if anything changes.
Buyers stated and we agree that this is very good value for money, and the build quality is good. There were one or two complaints about the bottom leaking after a couple of months, and those buyers did have to get a free replacement.
Overall though the reviews are pretty solid. This is a small compact filter coffee machine, with a good range of features, and according to buyers is easy to use and easy to clean.
The reviews are pretty solid, and almost every buyer says this makes a great cup of filter coffee.
They are not a well known brand when compared to some of the leading coffee brands. So far however this one is rating really well. If this is not the filter machine for you, then why not check out our top 10 list of filter coffee machines where you will find better known brands.
This one remains affordable and buyers do seem to like it though, so we think worth baring in mind given the positive reviews so fat.