JURA 15079 E6 Coffee Machine UK Review
This is our UK review of the popular JURA 15079 E6 Coffee Machine. This is classed as a bean to cup machine, and according to the majority of buyers makes very high quality espresso.
It does come with a hefty price tag, but does have a wide range of features, and overall buyers online, have given this machine the thumbs up, with a 90% buyer's satisfaction.
The Jura brand is of course a very well know and high end brand when it comes to buying coffee machines.
The Jura 15079 E6 coffee machine has a G3 burr grinder, 15 bar pump pressure and thermo-block heating that makes barista quality espresso and ristretto.
This machine looks very elegant so will look great in any kitchen or dining area within your home. It uses what is termed a "Pulse Extraction Process" for full extracting of the coffee flavour in the coffee grounds.
This is a compact fully automatic coffee machine that has programs for making up to 7 speciality coffee types.
Buyers say this machine is easy to use with simple operating controls on the front of machine.
This E6 model also has an integrated fine foam milk frother.
Below you will find a detailed review. For those who don't have time to read all of this, then we have put together a short summary review of this product just below.
- Buyers all state that this is a very stylish machine and looks great
- The bean hopper can hold up to 250 grams of coffee beans
- It has a 1.9 litre removable water tank and you can add a CLARIS water filter, ideal if you live in a hard water area
- Measures 49.8 x 29.7 x 40.4 cm and weighs 8.96 Kg
- This machine self cleans
- 25 month warranty
- Has an integrated burr grinder
- Has an integrated milk frother
- Buyers love the pulse extraction system as it gets the most flavour out of the beans, and does so consistently.
For those who want or prefer to read more details, then please continue reading below.
The Jura Coffee Brand
Jura have a base in the UK which is located in Colne, Lancashire. (+44 1282 868 266) They are a Swiss company and make a number of high end household appliances.
They have been supplying coffee machines to the UK market since the 1980's. Niederbuchsiten is a town in Switzerland and is the location of the company headquarters today.
It is located at the southern end of the Jura mountains, and it is these mountains that have given the company its name.
How Buyers Rate this JURA 15079 E6 Machine
- Overall buyers gave this an overall buyer satisfaction rating of 88%
- 69% of all buyers gave this machine a full 5 star review
- 4% gave this machine a bad review
What Buyers Say About This Machine
Just below you can read what buyers have to say about this particular Jura model. Overall the reviews are very good. As you can see 7 out of every 10 buyers deem this machine worth a full 5 star rating, and the number of bad reviews is relatively low.
We shall of course still want to know why buyers leave a bad review so we have covered that off below in a pros and cons table. We find that a handy method to summarise the good and bad points about this coffee machine.
- Buyers said this made great tasting coffee with a really nice crema
- Buyers also said this machine needed very little maintenance so a big time saver
- Buyers also said the machine looked great and was very well made
- The majority of buyers said the machine was extremely easy to use
- We only found a couple of minor complaints, and those were about the strength of the coffee
- The other complaint was that the milk didn't come out hot enough
To summarise what buyers said, those who left a bad review (around 4%) did so because they were unhappy with the strength of the coffee. That of course could be down to the type of coffee they were using.
The bad reviews that we did find, and there were under a handful at the time of writing this we found to be harsh. They were also too short to actually make sense of them.
Still they complained about coffee strength and tepid milk. There were no real machine problems that we could find. We do however agree with the milk issue as it gets to around 50 degrees Celsius, and that could be a lot better.
The contented and satisfied buyers liked the machine a lot, and said that it made excellent coffee. They also said it was easy to maintain and clean. The drip tray and grounds box are easy to get at, and as such then easy to clean.
The majority of buyers said that using this machine was quite intuitive, and setting it up was very easy. Overall buyers were very satisfied with their purchase
JURA 15079 E6 Machine Specification
Some buyers like a detailed specification so we have included that just below.
- Model Number 15079
- Measures 49.8 x 29.7 x 40.4 cm
- Weighs 8.96 Kg
- Uses 1,450 watts of power
- Colour is platinum
- This is a fully automatic bean-to-cup coffee machine
- Uses a pulse extraction process for outstanding barista quality espresso
- Has an integrated Aroma G3 burr grinder
- 15 bar pump and thermo-block heating technology for consistent quality coffee
- 1.9 litre removable water tank
- 7 Individually programmable speciality coffees
- Comes with a CLARIS Smart water filter and cartridge extension
- 1 x JURA 2-Phase coffee machine cleaning tablets
- 1 x Water hardness test strip
- 1 x JURA E6 Platinum User Instruction Manual
- 25 Month JURA Warranty information booklet
- 3" LED colour display
- Height adjustable spout (up to 113 mm)
- Compatible with JURA smart connect
Our Verdict on the JURA 15079 E6 Coffee Machine
Some buyers simply just like this Swiss Jura brand, and generally speaking their machines are high quality and make good coffee with very little fuss.
These are high end machines and they certainly cost a pretty penny. Those who can afford this one though are well pleased with it.
It certainly makes a great tasting espresso, thanks to the grinder, the infusion method and the 15 bar pressure through the coffee grains.
It does however let itself down with the frother and the milk. Many coffee drinkers simply prefer to use a microwave and a battery operated milk frother to get their foam.
That is because the built-in milk frothers on these types of machine are just never that good. A few buyers said that the milk was tepid at around 50 degrees Celsius.
In summary, this is a good brand and this model is well rated by buyers. There are a lot of great features that make owning this coffee machine great fun to use, and making sure you get consistently good coffee.
If you are someone who likes to have frothed milk (foam) with their coffee type of drink, then probably better to do that another way, rather than reply on the foamer on this machine.
It is a bit fiddly to use, and the milk may not get warm enough, for the way that you like your coffee.
If this is not the bean to cup machine for you, then why not check out our article on the top 10 bean to cup coffee machines by clicking here.
Just below we have answered some frequently asked questions about this machine.
JURA 15079 E6 Coffee Machine FAQ
Just below we have answered the most frequently asked questions that potential buyers want to know the answers to. Hopefully you will find that useful.
Q. Do you need to plumb this machine in to the main's water supply?
A. No that is not required. This is a free standing machine with a water tank that will need to be filled.
Q. Does this machine alert you when the drip tray is full?
A. Yes the machine will prompt you when it is close to being full. It is however best practise to regularly empty the drip tray on any coffee machine. Stale coffee can smell quite quickly and it is also hard to remove any stains, the longer it is left.