Krups Arabica Digital Bean to Cup Coffee Machine Review
This is our UK review of the popular Krups Arabica Digital bean to cup coffee machine. With an average price point of £425-500, depending on where you make your purchase, this is certainly not a cheap option.
It does however sell online and during our research of this machine, the main reason for that was the quality of the coffee that it could make. Buyers also liked the fact that it could make up to 10 coffees without running out.
Compared to the many other choices on the UK market, the Krups brand is well known, and the vast majority of their coffee machines are very easy to use.
Below you will find a detailed review. For those who don't have time to read all of this, then we have put together a short summary review of this product just below.
85% buyer satisfaction based on 150+ online buyer reviews
- It does make barista quality espresso, long coffee and cappuccino
- The bean container can hold up to 250 grams of beans and you have a choice of 3 grinds
- It has a fairly large 1.7 litre water tank, enough to make up to 10 coffees without having to be refilled
- The menu is easy to understand and has 3 temperature settings and adjustable coffee strength and water volume options
- It also has a steam nozzle to help create any froth coffee drinks.
For those who want or prefer to read more details, then please continue reading below.
The Krups Brand
Krups is a German brand who have been making home products since 1846. They have partnered with Nespresso and also with Nestle and have launched products like the highly popular Nescafe Dolce Gusto machines.
Today they make a really good quality range of espresso machines, pod coffee machines, coffee grinders, frothers and coffee accessories.
How Buyers Rate this Krups Coffee Machine
- Overall 150+ online buyers have given this grinder an 85% buyer satisfaction
- 69% of these same buyers have given this grinder a full 5 star review
- To date 14% of all buyers have given this a poor review.
What Online Buyers Say about this Coffee Machine?
Overall, as we can see, the satisfaction rating is good. We have now summarised what those same buyers had to actually say about the machine, after they had bought and used it.
We have done that by setting it out in a table of Pros and Cons.
To summarise what buyers said, those who left a bad review (around 8 out of 100 customers) did so because they either received a faulty product, or it started to leak within a few months of using it. That is of course very disappointing and a pain, when you have to start packing it up and returning it.
The contented and satisfied buyers said that it made excellent coffee and also allowed you a range of options to adjust the strength of your preferred brew. They also said it looked really well and overall it was was easy to maintain and clean.
Video Review of the Krups Arabica
We had a really good look online to try and find the most useful and helpful video of the Krups arabica bean to cup machine. The one shown below is one of the best. It only lasts 7 minutes and we think it is worth a watch.
Krups EA817040 Machine Specification
- This machine measures 48 x 38.5 x 28 centimetres (LxWxH)
- It weighs 7 Kg
- It has a 250 gram container which is about the average size for this type of bean to cup coffee machine - it sits right on top of the machine and is very easy to access
- The water tank holds 1.7 litres of water and that is slightly higher than the average 1.5 litre tank found on most of these types of coffee makers
- The machine has a front display with several buttons, on/off, favourite drinks button, steaming button for any milky drinks, a settings button and a start/stop button.
- There is also three navigation buttons that help step you through the menu options
- The menu options allow you to adjust the strength of your coffee, the size of your coffee and the number of cups
- The settings button gives you a range of options such as the temperature of the water, water hardness, etc
- You can also adjust where the coffee comes out depending on the height of your cup or mug
Our Verdict on the Krups Arabica Digital Bean to Cup Coffee Machine
Some buyers like the Krups brand, and they do make good quality coffee machines that are fairly easy to setup and use.
It isn't cheap at around £450 and with a buyer satisfaction of 85%, buyers do seem to be prepared to pay that price.
The bean container is very easy to access and the knob inside allows you to adjust the grind.
The menu is on the front of the machine and once you master that, it is extremely easy to use.
If this is not the bean to cup coffee machine for you, then please check out our top 10 list of bean to cup coffee machines by clicking here.
Krups EA817040 Bean to Cup Coffee Machine FAQ
Just below we have answered the most frequently asked questions that potential buyers want to know the answers to. Hopefully you will find that useful.
Q. Is Krups a good brand?
A. Krups is a German brand who trade worldwide so their reputation is extremely important. They make a range of coffee machines that include the bean to cup, espresso machines, pod coffee machines, coffee grinders and a range of coffee accessories.
In 1991, KRUPS started a joint venture with Nestlé to sell the Nespresso machines. They have a 2-year guarantee on most of their products. They also have a number of repair centres throughout the UK. (13)
Their helpline number is UK – 0345 330 6460 and their customer service team is based in Windsor Berkshire.
Q. Where are Krups coffee machines made?
A. They are designed and made in Germany. There used to be a factory in Limerick Ireland but that closed some years ago. It is very difficult to trace any technical and distribution line as many machines are made from different parts from different suppliers.
Q. Which Coffee Machine brand is best?
A. You will hear a lot of debate as to which coffee machine brand is the best. In reality it is really a matter of personal opinion. The top brands include De'Longhi, Age, Melitta, Gaggia, Tassimo, Nespresso, Krups etc. For Filter coffee machines, brands such as Russell Hobbs, Lakeland and Swan are the best. For pod machines most people opt for a Bosch Tassimo or a Nespresso.
For us, when it comes to bean to cup machines we believe De-Longhi, the Italian brand is probably overall the best brand.
Q. What is the best bean to cup coffee machine for home use?
A. We would recommend checking out our top 10 list of the best bean to cup coffee machines by clicking here.
There we have an extensive buying guide for bean to cup machines that are currently available on the UK market. We have also provided our top 10 list of bean to cup coffee machines, based on extensive customer research.