Thanks for taking the time to read our review of the high end Wilfa Svart Aroma Coffee Grinder. With an RRP of just under £120, this is an expensive option. It is however a professional grade burr grinder, and for that type of grinder, they just do not come cheap.
This grinder does not take up a great deal of space and certainly looks the part as well. It has been designed to fit under the counter and also to be a space saver in the kitchen.
While those features are nice to have, the real test of any grinder is its ability to consistently grind an even grind at all of its settings. This grinder does have a choice of settings depending on the brewing method.
There are not a lot of online reviews about this grinder, but we did manage to find 20 reviews. Overall buyers have given this grinder a 75% buyer satisfaction rating.
We shall explain that in more detail just below.
Wilfa is a Norwegian-owned company established in 1948, and is today one of the leading suppliers of electric appliances in the Nordic region.
Wilfa is a leading brand with focus on design, quality, safety and innovation. Our vision is to create a better experience of everyday life, and to supply robust household products.
How Buyers Rate the Wilfa Svart Coffee Grinder
- Online buyers overall gave this burr grinder an average satisfaction rating of 75%
- 70% of all buyers gave this a full 5 star rating
- 11% of all buyers gave this one a bad rating
What Buyers Say About the Wilfa Svart Grinder
As you can see the reviews are very good and any comments and reviews that we read were very good. We do however like to include all of the detail when we summarise up our findings.
We have included those findings in a simple pros and cons table just below. We have summarised what those online buyer reviewers have to say about this product.
- Buyers said this is very good at grinding for all types of coffee brewing
- Buyers like the way that it is easy to set the different sizes of grinds
- Most buyers thought it was good value for money
- Buyers like the timing function as you can set it up and then forget it
- Buyers said it was easy to quickly clean
- A couple of buyers said when they received the grinder that it arrived damaged
- A couple of buyers said the grind could be inconsistent
Wilfa Svart Specification
We always include a specification section on all of our product reviews. This allows our readers to get a good understanding of the shape, weight, etc of the grinder.
We also like to explain some of the more important features of the product.
- Measures 15.5 x 20 x 31.2 cm
- Weighs 1.9 Kg
- 130 watts of power through a direct current engine
- 250 gram hopper
- It has 5 different grinding sizes
- There is a timer function
- Has an important safety protection against overload of the engine
- You can adjust the grind size for different brewing methods
- The coffee bean container and coffee tray are made of transparent plastic material with a UV filter that protects against sunlight
- This grinder has been approved by the European Coffee Brewing Centre
Our Verdict on the Wilfa Svart Aroma Coffee Grinder
The Wilfa Svart Aroma is a professional electric powered coffee grinder. It helps you create cafe quality ground coffee in the comfort of your home or office.
This is not a cheap purchase, but for many coffee lovers this is considered to be a lifetime purchase.
It is an excellent choice and a professional burr grinder that will hands down beat any type of cheaper blade grinder.
There are of course plenty of burr grinders on the market, and they are considerably cheaper than this model from the Wilfa brand.
This one is at the top of the range when it comes to quality. Almost every buyer said the difference in the taste and flavour of their coffee was noticeable, after they had used this model to grind their beans.
That is in essence what you are paying for.
However, if this is not the one for you, then check out our then check out our top 10 list of burr grinders by clicking here.
The Svart Aroma coffee grinder will however remain one of the higher end grinders on the UK market for many years to come.