Thanks for taking the time to read our UK review of the VonShef 15 Bar Espresso Coffee Machine. This is one of the more affordable espresso makers that is available on the UK market.
Most espresso machines will cost around £100-150 depending on the brand that you go for. This model from the VonShef brand still gets good enough reviews, and yet you should be able to pick this up for less than £65.
In our opinion that makes this model very good value for money. It is not an all singing and all dancing machine, but it will be good enough for many home users who want Barista style coffee.
It is a 15 bar machine, made from stainless steel, with a steam control dial and wand and comes with a 2 year warranty.
VonShef Espresso Coffee Machine Images
Just below we have included a few images of this espresso coffee maker so as you can see what you are getting for your money, should you decide to buy this one.
You can click on any of the two images to see a larger version if you wish.
How Do Buyers Rate the VonShef Espresso Coffee Machine?
- Overall online buyers have given this grinder a very good 78% buyer satisfaction rating
- 51% of all buyers have given this one a full 5 star review
- 3% of all buyers have given this grinder a bad review
Just below we will explore both the bad and good ratings to help you decide if this is the right blade grinder for your own specific needs.
What Buyers Say About This VonShef Machine
We know that generally speaking, online buyers rate their purchase highly with a solid 78% buyer satisfaction rating. In this section we have checked out what buyers actually have to say about their purchase, after they have bought and used the machine.
The first thing that we noticed with this particular coffee machine was that buyers thought it was very good value for money. If you are aware of the prices of this style of semi-automatic espresso machines, then you will know that they do not come cheap.
This model sits at the lower end of the price scale, and the reviews while not perfect, are good enough for most buyers.
- Just over half of all buyers gave this a 5 star review
- The majority of buyers bought this one based on price to replace an older machine
- Buyers said that this machine is very easy to use and no complex controls
- Buyers do say that the operating instructions are very good
- Buyers also said that it is easy enough to clean but does need regular cleaning
- 6% of all buyers gave this a bad review
- Will only take small cups
- Some buyers said the frother was useless and too small
- A few buyers did receive a faulty product and had to return it
With any product you will always get mixed reviews. The majority of buyers liked this basic machine. This is not a high end machine, but it does what it says on the instructions.
No buyer complained about the quality of the espresso that it made, though quite a few said the frother was just to small and didn't really work that well.
Coffee Machine Specification
Many potential buyers do like to see the specification for anything they are going to buy. We have included all of that important information just below:
- Measures 22.5 x 31 x 31.5 cm
- Weighs 4.8 Kg
- Uses 1050 watts of power
- Stainless steel appearance (silver and black)
- Made from stainless steel
- Has a removable water tank that can hold up to 1.5 litres
- Can make a single cup or two cups
- Can make espressos, lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos and hot chocolate
- 15 bar pump pressure
- Has a steaming feature with steam control dial and steam wand
- Has a cup warming plate
- Also has a removable drip tray
- There are indicator lights that let you know when the machine is powered on and in use.
- You also get a coffee measuring scoop/tamper
- It is dishwasher safe filter (for dishwasher top shelf only)
- You can only use ground coffee with this machine (no pods or bags)
- Does not have a built in grinder
VonShef 15 Bar Machine Video Review
We checked around to try and find a few video reviews of this product. There were not a lot of video reviews and this one seemed to be the best available.
Our Verdict on the VonShef 15 Bar Espresso Coffee Machine
- This is a good and reliable basic espresso coffee machine from a well known brand
- There are no bells and whistles with this machine, but it is at the low end of the price point for this type of semi-automatic espresso machine
- Buyers say it makes great tasting espresso coffee, and you can then use the steam wand to make your favourite coffee drinks
Overall though buyers do like this product, and for the majority of users this model seems to do the job really well. The machine looks well and with a 78% buyer satisfaction rating, buyers are generally pleased with their purchase.
The main complaint with this machine seems to be with the froth making steam wand. These do take a bit of getting used to, and it is the same on many of these espresso machines.
It will take you a few attempts to master the technique required.
What buyers liked the most about this Vonshef 15 bar machine was that it made very good espresso, and that it was an affordable option for them.