Thanks for taking your time to read our review of the Delonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Mini Me coffee machine. As the name suggests, this is a compact machine that measures only 16 x 31 x 24 cm and holds up to 0.8 litres of water. This is about enough water to make 3 mugs of coffee.
That means it does not take up much counter space, and will fit just about anywhere in your home or your office. On reading through the many user reviews, it would seem that many people bought this for the office as they had limited space available.
This will make hot and cold coffee drinks and there are around 50 different varieties of pods available so you will be spoiled for choice.
Just below we have reviewed this in detail so as you can decide if this is the best model for your own needs.
How Buyers Rate the Dolce Gusto Mini Me Machine?
We checked the many reviews at the various websites for this popular machine. Just below we have summarised how those buyers rated this machine.
- Overall 4,000+ online buyers have given this machine a 92% buyer satisfaction
- 80% of these same buyers have given this machine a full 5 star review
- To date 4% of all buyers have given this a poor review.
What Online Buyers Say about the Dolce Gusto Mini Me?
Overall, as we can see, the buyer satisfaction rating is very good. We have now summarised what those same buyers had to actually say about this machine, after they had bought and used it.
We have done that by setting it out in a table of Pros and Cons.
Video Review of the
We had a really good look online to try and find the most useful and helpful video of the Dolce Gusto Mini Me machine. The one shown below is one of the best. It only lasts a around 8 minutes and we think it is worth a watch.
Mini Me Specification
Many buyers like to know all the technical data when buying a coffee machine. We have provided that information below for those readers.
- Measures 16 x 31 x 24 cm (WxHxD)
- Weighs 2.5 Kg
- The colour is classed as Black and Arctic Grey
- 1,460 watt boiler
- The body is made mainly of plastic with some aluminium parts
- It has an energy consumption rating of A - will automatically switch off after 5 minutes if not used, which is an energy saving feature.
- It has a 15 bar pump pressure and this will deliver a very good crema
- Can be used to make over 50 hot and cold beverage varieties including Nescafe Dolce Gusto or Starbucks drinks - these include espresso, Lungo, cappuccino, chococno, latte macchiato, chai tea latte, and cappuccino ice
- It will automatically stop the water flow for easy coffee preparation
- It does have an adjustable drip tray making it suitable for almost all cup sizes and glasses
- It takes about 30 seconds to heat up and it will blink red when heating up and then a steady green colour when the machine is ready
- Comes with a user manual
How to Use the Mini Me?
- When it arrives always check and be sure that it arrives to you in good condition.
- There is no doubt that your machine will have been sitting in storage so there could be dust in the machine and in the pipes
- That is why it is important to do both a cold rinse and then a hot rinse before making your first cup of coffee - we strongly advise not to skip this step and it is explained in the video above
- This machine is easy to use and it can accept Nescafe Dolce pods and Starbucks pods only
- Make sure the water tank has been filled with water - filtered water is better if you have it.
- When you switch the machine on, the power button starts blinking red while machine is heating up for approx. 30 seconds. When the lights is a steady green the machine is ready.
- Adjust the drip tray position according to the chosen beverage and then place your cup on the drip tray
- Open the locking handle and pull out the capsule holder. Insert a capsule into the capsule holder and insert it back in machine. Close the locking handle.
- Set the beverage volume with the selector following the recommendation indicated on the capsule, or set it to your own taste.
- Move the lever to the right for hot beverages and to the left for cold beverages. The beverage preparation will start. Wait until the lever comes
back to the middle and the extraction stops.
- After finishing preparation the power button blinks red for about 10 seconds. During that time do not open the locking handle
- Take cup from the drip tray and then open the locking handle.
- Pull out the capsule holder and remove the used capsule. You can then dispose of the used capsule.
- Rinse and dry the capsule holder with water from both sides. Insert capsule holder to machine, and enjoy your brew.
Our Verdict on the Delonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Mini Me
92% buyer satisfaction based on 4,000+ online buyer reviews
There are plenty of choices for this type of automatic pod machine on the UK market.
The combination of Delonghi and Nescafe are a good match so you get plenty of coffee drink options. (50+)
This Mini Me model has sold a lot and remains a very popular choice for UK buyers
It is very easy to use and also easy enough to look after and maintain.
A pod machine like this lasts for about 5-10 years depending on use before they will start to give problems
We like this machine though could do without the red lead
If this is not the pod machine for you then check out our list of top 10 pod coffee machines.
Caring for Your Mini Me
- Never fill the water tank with hot water
- Don't be tempted to open the locking handle during a drink preparation or when finishing the preparation as the red light is flashing
- Don't push the selection lever while the locking handle is open
- Do not touch the used capsule just after the drink has been made as it is hot
- It is always a good idea to regularly rinse and clean the water tank. That will avoid the build up of old water and potential limescale. Just be aware that the water tank is not dishwasher proof
- Repeat the process of a cold and hot rinse every 3 months with a descaler to clean and descale the machine (Never use vinegar for this)
A Little About the De'Longhi Brand
This is one of the best known brands when it comes to buying coffee machines. This is an Italian brand and they have been making coffee makers and machines since 1974.
Their vision is to be recognised as the global market leader in coffee, comfort and selected kitchen and home care.
They are known for their high quality design, and also for making high quality products.
A Few Alternative Options
If this is not the one for you, then you can check out a few alternative options just below.