Thanks for taking the time to read our review of the Shardor blade coffee grinder. With an RRP of just under £40, this is starting to become a very popular choice for many UK buyers.
The good news is that you can almost always find this cheaper online with just a bit of searching around.
What makes this one stand out from the many other electric blade coffee grinders is that this one is getting quite outstanding online customer reviews and ratings. As of the time of writing this review, the online buyer satisfaction rating was 95%, which is excellent.
This is a very well made grinder and it really has a nice looking appearance. When you factor in the price, the looks, its effectiveness as a grinder and those high ratings, this is one you should definitely consider.
How Buyers Rate the Shardor Grinder
- Online buyers overall gave this grinder an average satisfaction rating of 95% which is as good as we have ever seen
- 80% of all buyers gave this a full 5 star rating
- 3% of all buyers gave this one a bad rating
What Buyers Say About the Shardor Grinder
As you can see the ratings are excellent and any comments and reviews that we read were very good. We do however like to include all of the detail when we summarise up our findings.
We have included those findings in a simple pros and cons table just below. We have summarised what those online buyer reviewers have to say about this grinding product.
- Buyers said it looks a lot more expensive than it is
- Buyers like the way that it is easy to use with the push down lid
- Most buyers said that this grinder is easy to clean and also quick to clean
- Buyers said that the grinder felt sturdy and well made
- Buyers did caution to not over fill thins grinder with beans as that can cause not all of the beans to be ground properly
- A couple of buyers said this was noisy
- Some buyers said this is not suitable for grinding nuts and seeds
Based on all the customer review feedback that we read, this grinder appears to work well as long as you stick to the instructions. We should point out that almost any electric coffee grinder makes noise, and most people are no prepared for how much noise they actually make.
We always include a specification section on all of our product reviews. This allows our readers to get a good understanding of the shape, weight, etc of the grinder.
We also like to explain some of the more important features of the product.
- Measures 22.6 x 11.4 x 11 cm
- Weighs 0.84 Kg
- This can grind up to 1.4 oz. (40 grams) of coffee beans at a time - that is about enough beans for 4 cups of coffee or 2 mugs of coffee
- It has a transparent cover which is useful to look through and check on the state of the grind
- The inside of the grinder is made from good quality stainless steel so no need to worry about the taste of plastic
- The lid also acts as a locking ring and you can only start to grind when this is fully in place and that is a very useful safety feature
- It comes with a cleaning brush which is suitable for going inside the grinder and quickly cleaning the inside
- Please note that this does not come with a grind setting choice - you physically have to check the grind which is inconvenient - be sure to check as this grinder can get to a fine grind in 5-8 seconds
- This grinder will grind nuts and spices and takes about 10 to 15 seconds for that type of work
- The main body of the grinder also has a soft grip which is ideal when holding on to it
- This grinder has a plug tidy underneath where you can keep the electric lead when not in use
Our Verdict on the Shardor Coffee Grinder
The Shardor coffee grinder is a blade grinder, and overall online buyers have rated this highly. This is not a high end grinder and so it lacks a lot of features.
As a basic grinder though it clearly works really well. All of that is reflected in the price point, so in other words, you get what you pay for.
Many buyers also bought this to grind nuts and spices, and many of those are much harder than coffee beans. Those that are harder such as cinnamon sticks will take longer to grind, so be aware of that.
If this is not the blade grinder for you, then why not check out our list of blade grinders by clicking here. We have created a top 10 list there which may help you out.
This grinder from the Shardor brand is a very good basic grinder, made from stainless steel and gets high buyer ratings. As long as you are not expecting any frills, then this one is a good choice.