This is our UK review of the Easehold 200W electric whole coffee grinder. It is worth noting that this coffee grinder can also be used to grind nuts and spices. That makes it a pretty useful kitchen gadget.
Please note this coffee grinder is no longer sold. We would recommend checking out our top 10 list of blade style coffee grinders by clicking here.
This model sells well in the UK and also gets consistently good buyer ratings. It is also affordable for most people so certainly worth your consideration. It can grind a full load of coffee beans in under a minute.
Overall buyers have rated this grinder with an 82% buyer satisfaction. This is a blade grinder and not a burr coffee grinder. That explains why it is available for around £16-20 depending on where you make your purchase.
It is available in either a black colour or a silver colour.
So that is just a little background information about the brand. We think it is always good to know who you are buying from, should you decide to get one of their products.
Quick Video Review of this Grinder
This is a short (under one minute) video guide of this popular blade grinder.
Who Would Buy this Easehold Grinder?
This grinder is suitable for anyone who wants an affordable grinder with a cool contemporary look. According to most buyers this one does a really good job at grinding coffee beans through a range of different grinds.
Buyers have also used this to grind herbs, nuts and seeds such as hemp, linseed, sesame, peanuts and soy. That makes it a pretty versatile gadget to have in your kitchen.
Most coffee grinder buyers want something that actually works, and is still compact and easy enough to store away, when not being used. If they decide to leave this out on their kitchen worktop, then of course they will want it to look good.
Main Easehold Grinder Review
In this section we get into the details of this grinder. That includes what how buyers rate the grinder, what they have to say about it (good and bad) and what our overall verdict is on this grinder, when compared to other compatible grinders of this type.
We have included a couple of images below. Please feel free to click on either of those to see a larger image. You can see the two different colours available.
How Buyers Rate This Grinder
- The average overall online rating for buyer satisfaction is 82%
- 60% of all buyers give this one a full 5 star rating
- 12% of all buyers give this one a bad rating
What Buyers Say About This Grinder
As you can see from the above summary information, overall this grinder gets a very good buyer satisfaction rating of 82%. However the 12% is higher than we would expect to see for a product of this nature. We will take a closer look at those to discover why that is the case.
- 60% of all buyers gave this grinder a full 5 star review
- Many buyers bought this model to grind seeds and the majority of those said it did a very good job
- Buyers said there are no fancy features on this one so very little can go wrong
- Very easy to use and has a variety of purposes
- Buyers thought it was good value for money
- 12% of all buyers gave this one a bad review
- A few buyers said it stopped working after a few weeks and had to be returned
- Not very good for grinding nuts
- Some buyers said it was not powerful enough
The Easehold Compared to Similar Blade Style Grinders
There are around 120 different models of blade grinders available on the UK market, from a whole range of brands. Most grinders of this blade type are priced anything between £15-25. This Easehold one is at the lower end of that price point range.
The most popular blade grinder is the Andrew James electric coffee grinder which also has a slightly higher satisfaction rating of 86%, and costs in and around the same price. We have reviewed that one here.
These two grinders are pretty similar and have both their good and bad points. We think this one has a better appearance, but there is very little difference between these two blade grinders.
If this is not the one for you, then you can always check out our top 10 table on blade grinders by clicking here.
- Has a stainless steel blade
- 200 watt which is a powerful motor with 28000-30000 high speed operation
- The inside is made from a stainless steel food grade material
- Push button operation to grind
- Transparent lid so you can check the fineness of the grind
- Measures 19.3 x 12.7 x 9.9 cm and weighs 680 grams
- Can hold up to a 75 gram capacity
Just below is a table that shows the grinding times for this particular model.
Around 10-15 seconds
Around 20-30 seconds
Around 40-60 seconds
- Coarse grinding is suitable for French Press style coffee
- Medium is OK for drip style coffee
- Fine grinding is required for espresso style coffee
Consider an Upgrade - Blade to Burr
This grinder is a blade grinder. All blade grinders will grind coffee beans to a certain degree. Burr grinders are always a better but more expensive option.
These blade grinders also work well for herbs, nuts and spices so they are useful and they are usually relatively cheap. (£15-30)
There are two problems with ALL blade grinders:
- They heat up if used for too long, and that can burn the coffee grains and beans and leave them bitter
- The grounds are usually inconsistent with larger parts of the bean left unchopped and that makes for bad coffee
Burr grinders squeeze the bean and get all the flavour out and give a much better and consistent grind. The downside is that they are more expensive with an average cost of around £45 for a good one.
If you are a coffee lover, then you should always own a burr grinder. We have done a top 10 list here, which you can check out.
Our Verdict on the EASEHOLD 200W Electric Whole Coffee Grinder
- With a buyer satisfaction rating of 82%, the majority of buyers are satisfied with their purchase
- We found around 200 online buyer reviews so that shows it is selling really well
- It does function pretty well and is compatible with other blade style coffee grinders
What makes this one different is the actual style and appearance. We know that it does a good basic job of grinding beans, herbs, nuts and spices so it is a practical grinder.
The appearance though is really suitable for a contemporary modern style kitchen. It comes in two colours a black or a silver, which again gives you the potential buyer some options.
As blade grinders go, this Easehold 200 watt grinder gets good buyer reviews, and is certainly at an affordable price.